Since January 2014 the official gazette of the town of Brandis has appeared in a new, modern form. As Brandiser Stadtjournal it contains extensive interesting information and useful tips regarding the town of Brandis with the districts of Beucha, Brandis and Polenz as well as announcements and reports of events and club activities, together with offers of numerous local companies. It is distributed free of charge to every household in the town of Brandis with the districts of Beucha, Brandis and Polenz, with a circulation of 6,000 copies.

 

 
 
 

Redaktionelle Beiträge:

Manja Schmähl 
Stadt Brandis
Presse/ Öffentlichkeitsarbeit 
Markt 1-3 
04821 Brandis

Tel.: 034292/65516
Fax: 034292/65528

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
www.stadt-brandis.de


Private / Gewerbliche Anzeigen:

Druckhaus Borna 
Tina Neumann (Kundenbetreuerin) 
Abtsdorfer Straße 36 
04552 Borna

Tel.: +49 (3433) 20 73 28 
Fax: +49 (3433) 20 73 31 
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
http://www.druckhaus-borna.de


Logo Druckhaus Borna

 


 

Redaktionsschluss für das Jahr 2017:

Januar 
Redaktionsschluss 26.12.2016 • Herausgabe 16.01.

Februar 
Redaktionsschluss 30.01. • Herausgabe 20.02.

März 
Redaktionsschluss 27.02. • Herausgabe 20.03. 

April 
ACHTUNG: Redaktionsschluss 20.03. • Herausgabe 10.04. (erscheint wegen Ostern eine Woche eher)

Mai 
Redaktionsschluss 24.04. • Herausgabe 15.05. 

Juni 
Redaktionsschluss 29.05. • Herausgabe 19.06.

Juli 
Redaktionsschluss 26.06. • Herausgabe 17.07.

August
Redaktionsschluss 31.07. • Herausgabe 21.08. 

September
Redaktionsschluss 28.08. • Herausgabe 18.09. 

Oktober
Redaktionsschluss 25.09. • Herausgabe 16.10. 

November
Redaktionsschluss 30.10. • Herausgabe 20.11. 

Dezember
Redaktionsschluss 27.11. • Herausgabe 18.12.

 

02.01.

16.01.17   01 / 2017

30.01.

06.02.

20.02.17   02 / 2017

27.02.

06.03.

20.03.17   03 / 2017

27.03.

03.04.

17.04.17   04 / 2017

24.04.

01.05.

15.05.17   05 / 2017

29.05.

05.06.

19.06.17   06 / 2017

26.06.

03.07.

17.07.17   07 / 2017

31.07.

07.08.

21.08.17   08 / 2017

28.08.

04.09.

18.09.17   09 / 2017

25.09.

02.10.

16.10.17   10 / 2017

30.10.

06.11.

20.11.17   11 / 2017

27.11.

04.12.

18.12.17   12 / 2017

 

 

Redaktionelle Beiträge:

Manja Schmähl 
Stadt Brandis
Presse/ Öffentlichkeitsarbeit 
Markt 1-3 
04821 Brandis

Tel.: 034292/65516
Fax: 034292/65528

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
www.stadt-brandis.de


Private / Gewerbliche Anzeigen:

Druckhaus Borna 
Tina Neumann (Kundenbetreuerin) 
Abtsdorfer Straße 36 
04552 Borna

Tel.: +49 (3433) 20 73 28 
Fax: +49 (3433) 20 73 31 
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
http://www.druckhaus-borna.de


Logo Druckhaus Borna

 



Redaktionsschluss für das Jahr 2016:

Januar 
Redaktionsschluss 28.12.2015 • Herausgabe 18.01.

Februar 
Redaktionsschluss 25.01. • Herausgabe 15.02.

März 
Redaktionsschluss 29.02. • Herausgabe 21.03. 

April 
Redaktionsschluss 29.03. • Herausgabe 18.04. 

Mai 
Redaktionsschluss 25.04. • Herausgabe 17.05. 

Juni 
Redaktionsschluss 30.05. • Herausgabe 20.06.

Juli 
Redaktionsschluss 27.06. • Herausgabe 18.07.

August
Redaktionsschluss 25.07. • Herausgabe 15.08. 

September
Redaktionsschluss 29.08. • Herausgabe 19.09. 

Oktober
Redaktionsschluss 26.09. • Herausgabe 17.10. 

November
Redaktionsschluss 31.10. • Herausgabe 21.11. 

Dezember
Redaktionsschluss 28.11. • Herausgabe 19.12.

 

 

Redaktionelle Beiträge:

Manja Schmähl 
Stadt Brandis
Presse/ Öffentlichkeitsarbeit 
Markt 1-3 
04821 Brandis

Tel.: 034292/65516
Fax: 034292/65528

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
www.stadt-brandis.de


Private / Gewerbliche Anzeigen:

Druckhaus Borna 
Manuela Krause (Kundenbetreuerin) 
Abtsdorfer Straße 36 
04552 Borna

Tel.: +49 (3433) 20 73 28 
Fax: +49 (3433) 20 73 31 
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
http://www.druckhaus-borna.de


Logo Druckhaus Borna

 


 

Marktplatz Brandis

Brandis is a Saxon town in the Landkreis Leipzig administrative district and lies approximately 18 km to the east of Leipzig. With charming tourist attractions, it offers its approximately 10,000 citizens added value with regard to quality of living: the town is characterised by good living quality, its school structure, an extensive range of service and retail opportunities on site and a varied range of clubs and associations - all within a short distance of the Leipzig conurbation.

Brandis is a Saxon town in the Landkreis Leipzig administrative district and lies approximately 18 km to the east of Leipzig. With charming tourist attractions, it offers its approximately 10,000 citizens added value with regard to quality of living: the town is characterised by good living quality, its school structure, an extensive range of service and retail opportunities on site and a varied range of clubs and associations - all within a short distance of the Leipzig conurbation.

 

Bahnhof Beucha

Brandis enjoys optimal transport links: the town can be reached quickly by the A14  Leipzig-Dresden autobahn via the exits Kleinpösna, Naunhof/Brandis and Klinga. The Bundesstraße 6 trunk road passes Brandis to the north. The town centre is two minutes distant via the Gerichshain and Machern exits. The district of Beucha is connected to the public rail network via the Leipzig-Grimma-Nossen line, which is in turn co-ordinated with the PlusBus services of the Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund transport association.

One particularly attractive sight is the Bergkirche church in Beucha. In addition, the district also contains numerous quarries, which supplied, for example, the granite for the Battle of Nations monument in Leipzig.

With its 218 beds, the Fachklinikum Brandis is a convalescent facility that plays a central role in the life of Brandis.

 

Lange Stücken

Brandis does a lot for its children and young families, for example, new child day-care facilities, a secondary school and a 3-court multipurpose hall have been built. Two primary schools and a grammar school complete the education landscape of Brandis. Numerous clubs and associations offer citizens the opportunity for practical leisure activities. For example, the Lange Stücken sports and leisure centre was created in Beucha. Each year the association Regional Verein Brandis e.V. collaborates with the town council in the publishing of a timetable of events.

 

 

 

On 23/09/1990 the parish of Hohenhameln (http://www.hohenhameln.de) and the town of Brandis concluded a partnership agreement.
To mark the occasion around 80 citizens of Hohenhameln travelled to a party in the Brandis Schlosspark. The reciprocal visit from Brandis took place in December 1990, for the Hohenhamelner Weihnachtsmeile Christmas fair. Over 800 Brandis citizens wanted to travel to the new partner town. Consequently, over 20 coaches left Brandis and headed in the direction of Hanover. Today there are still numerous contacts between clubs and associations, the administrative bodies and private citizens of both municipalities.

Freudental and Beucha have maintained a loose partnership since the early 90s, maintained by the respective fire services in particular.

In the course of the 1999 parish reforms the town of Brandis and the parish of Beucha were merged into the new town of Brandis with the districts of Beucha, Brandis and Polenz.

The district of Brandis forms the centre of the town, with its shopping street and numerous retailers, as well as food and refreshment facilities. Around 6,000 people live in the district of Brandis, which is characterised by an attractive residential area and the school campus with primary and secondary schools as well as a grammar school. The district of Brandis also comprises Waldsteinberg, a residential and weekend area traditionally highly popular with the citizens of Leipzig. As the name suggests, it is surrounded by forest, stones and a hill. Sights include the Ostbruch and Westbruch quarries and the Kohlenberg hill. These and other features make Waldsteinberg an experience for walkers and hikers all year round.

Dorf der Steine

The district of Beucha with its around 3,000 inhabitants lies in the Leipzig basin, just 16 km to the east of Leipzig on the upper reaches of the Parthe river. Beucha has excellent rail links to Leipzig. A noteworthy sight here is the Bergkirche church, high above the Kirchbruch quarry. Indeed, the quarrying of granite plays a key role in Beucha. The district calls itself the "village of stones" and plans to establish a geoportal in the former Kulturhaus hall at the railway station as part of the Geopark Porphyrland (http://www.geopark-porphyrland.de).

In the warmer months the Albrechtshainer See is a highly popular bathing lake, also boasting a high ropes course.

The small district of Polenz has around 500 inhabitants, a village structure and features including a Spanish-style riding stables. Also noteworthy is the four-sided farmyard Einigkeit 4 in the centre of Polenz: the farmyard is around 200 years old and was acquired in 2003 by Mariko Mitsuyu and Adam Jones, who have restored the building in keeping with heritage conservation guidelines. In 2007 their commitment was rewarded with 1st prize in the Sächsischer Landeswettbewerb 2007, Ländliches Bauen competition, awarded to rural building projects. Since that year the farmyard complex has served as a venue for concerts, festivals and exhibitions, attracting participants and guests from the region and beyond. It also contains a collection of agricultural machinery as well as visual material detailing the history of the village and the farm itself.

In Waldpolenz one of the world's largest photovoltaic power plants was erected on a 110-hectare site (200 football pitches) of the former Soviet military airfield, with the project completed in 2009. A new business park covering around 12 ha is currently being established on the site.

 

 

The first people lived in Brandis around 3,400 years ago. They came here to bury their deceased relatives in grave mounds on the Kohlenberg hill. In 1121 Brandis church was first mentioned in writing in a deed of the Archbishop of Magdeburg for the Kloster Neuwerk monastery at Halle. Around 1170 the market settlement of Brandis was established in the vicinity of the church, adjacent to an older settlement.


A deed dating from 1191 mentions the knight Gozwinus de Brandez, an early member of the local aristocratic family. In 1243 the town was first mentioned as "town of Brandis" in written documents. The knights were to maintain control of Brandis until around 1350.


In 1476 the town had lower jurisdiction and its citizens had the right to brew beer. 1529 saw the Reformation arrive in Brandis, with Andreas Schmidt ordained as the first Protestant priest. In 1621 a beer war broke out between Brandis and Wolfshain, as Wolfshain was repeatedly serving beer from elsewhere, which was not permitted at that time. The Thirty Years' War initially left the town in peace, but in 1632 and 1637 mercenaries attacked the town and looted it.


In 1633 Brandis fell victim to the plague, with 325 deaths amongst the approximately 600 inhabitants. The major town fires of 1637, 1664, 1688 and 1696 destroyed nearly all of the buildings in the town. As a consequence of the catastrophic situation, Elector Augustus the Strong exempted the citizens from paying taxes for six years. The burned-down castle was rebuilt from 1696 according to plans by David Schatz. Markets, in particular the "ascension market" are recorded as taking place in Brandis from the end of the 17th century and enjoyed great popularity.


1834 saw the appointment of the first democratically-elected mayor and town council and the abolition of compulsory labour and burdens on small farmers, as well hereditary subservience. Lignite extraction commenced in 1849 with the opening of the Gottes Segen pit. In 1856 Brandis received a local court, which remained in place for 20 years. Economic growth was noticeably boosted with the arrival of the Beucha-Brandis-Seelingstädt railway line, inaugurated in 1898, with the addition of Trebsen in 1911. Brandis evolved from an agricultural town to an industrial-residential one. Numerous clubs and associations were formed, with the labour movement also finding many followers.
With the incorporation of Cämmerei (1929) and the establishment of the military airfield in Waldpolenz (from 1934) the number of inhabitants rose to 5,500. 1937 saw the beginning of construction of the reichsautobahn behind the Kohlenberg. Many inhabitants fell during the Second World War. In 1944 the rocket-powered Me 163 fighter and Ju 287 jet bomber were stationed and tested in Waldpolenz. On 17 April 1945 the citizens of Brandis surrendered the town to the Americans without resistance. In July 1945 the Red Army moved into Brandis and Beucha. Numerous companies and establishments were confiscated and nationalised. The silicate plant that was formed from the local brick making industry was to play a leading role in the economy of the town until 1989.


1990 marked the return of democratic municipal elections. Frank Mieszkalski became the new mayor. On 23 September 1990 a partnership agreement was signed between Brandis and the parish of Hohenhameln, in Lower Saxony. As of 1990 all key nationalised operations went into liquidation. Beginning in 1992, new companies located to the new business park between Beucha and Brandis.
1992 saw the incorporation of Polenz and the last CIS personnel left Waldpolenz on 30 June. In addition, Brandis began to grow in significance as a school location (1992 inauguration of the new primary school, 1995 independent grammar school, 2001 inauguration of the new secondary school, 2004 construction of a new multi-purpose hall). On 1 January 1999 Brandis and Beucha merged to form the new town of Brandis. The town currently numbers around 10,000 inhabitants.


From June 1999 until July 2013 Andreas Dietze was the mayor of Brandis. The market square was extensively remodelled and inaugurated in a ceremony on 3 October 2003. The extension of the primary school in 2006 and the secondary school extension in 2008 completed the construction of the school campus. In 2007 the volunteer fire service received a modern fire station.
On 23/04/2007 the foundation stone was laid for the construction of one of the world's largest solar parks on the former military site in Waldpolenz. The completion of the new town hall in 2008 marked the end of all current major construction projects of the town of Brandis. In addition to the pleasant, green surroundings of the town, it is also noteworthy for its superb infrastructure and proximity to Leipzig. This makes Brandis an attractive small town with a population of approximately 10,000 inhabitants.


On 1 August 2013 Arno Jesse became the new mayor of Brandis. The further development of Brandis as a modern, citizen and family-friendly town and attractive business location is the declared goal. In spite of a tight budget, investment is therefore currently being targeted at the development of new residential and commercial sites. In addition, the modernisation of administrative procedures is also on the agenda. In this respect, Brandis achieved a major success in autumn 2014: the town fought off the challenge of 21 competitors to be chosen "Innovation Municipality 2014-2016" by the state of Saxony. This project concerns the realisation of innovative projects, for which a budget totalling € 1 million is planned. This will involve numerous instruments of state modernisation being introduced or optimised and adopted for sustainable use. The intention here is to include cross-level administrative processes and improve the controllability of the innovation municipality, serve as a role model for other municipalities and define standards for the modernisation of state structures in direct interaction with municipal practice. The results will then be made available to other municipalities with the involvement of the innovation municipality.

Mayor Arno Jesse
Co-ordinates 51° 20´ N, 12° 37´ O
Altitude 137 m above sea level
Surface Area 34,81 km²
Federal state Saxony (http://sachsen.de/)
Location Landkreis Leipzig district(http://landkreisleipzig.de/)
Population 9.414 (status 09/12/2014)
Districts Beucha (including the areas of Kleinsteinberg and Wolfshain), Brandis (with Waldsteinberg), Polenz
Post codes 04821 OT Brandis, Polenz
04824 OT Beucha
Area code 0049-34292
Vehicle licence numbers L, MTL, WUR
Transport links Autobahn A14, A38, B6 trunk road
Partner town Hohenhameln (www.hohenhameln.de)
Church parishes Parish of Brandis-Polenz, parish of Beucha-Albrechtshain (www.stadtkirche-brandis.de)
Child care facilities 3 facilities in Brandis
3 facilities in Beucha
1 fycility in Polenz
Schools 1 primary school in Brandis (www.grundschulebrandis.de)
1 primary school in Beucha (www.grundschule-beucha.de),
1 secondary school in Brandis (www.ms-brandis.de),
1 grammar school in Brandis (www.gymnasium-brandis.de)
Public institutions Brandis library
Medical care General practitioners, surgeon, gynaecologist, internist, paediatrician, physiotherapists, psychologist, veterinarian, dentists
Chemists two in Brandis 
Supermarkets Edeka, Norma, Penny Markt, Netto
Cultural establishments Musikarche (www.musikarche-brandis.de)
Cultural events Children's festival, Maypole raising and dancing, St Martin's festival, new year gathering, classic car meet, fire service open day, town music festival, Christmas markets
Housing associations Brandiser Wohnstätten GmbH (http://www.brandiser-wohnstaetten.de/)
Beuchaer Bau- und Wohnungsgesellschaft mbH (www.beuchaer-bwg.de)
Police Brandis police station
Post office Sub post office in Brandis
Sport/leisure Lange Stücken sport and leisure park, football, gymnastics, athletics, motor sport, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, shooting, canoeing, angling, winter sports, diving, bowling, male choir, town musicians
Hotels with gastronomy 2
Restaurants 10

Districts & population figures
Status: 09/12/2014

Brandis (5857)
Beucha (3038)
Polenz (519)
Taxes Property tax A 300
Property tax B 405
Trade tax 400
115 Logo mit Claim farbig
Logo Innovationskommune
Logo Mit Mach Stadt
Aktionsraum Partheland

Bürgermeisterwahl 2020
Online-Beantragung eines Wahlscheins (Briefwahl)

Hier können Sie den Wahlschein für die Briefwahl online beantragen.

Bürgersprechstunde online von Donnerstag, dem 27. August 2020

Screenshot BM Sprechstunde

 

 

 

 

 

 

Die nächste Bürgersprechstunde findet am Dienstag, 29. September, 17 Uhr statt.

19.09.2020, 11:00
Abgesagt!!! Dorffest Polenz
20.09.2020, 10:00
Tag des Geotops
20.09.2020, 11:00
Abgesagt!!! Dorffest Polenz
20.09.2020, 15:00
NIA tanzen

Most popular articles

Amt24 Suchformular

Weather in Brandis